Mini Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache
We finally had a housewarming for Katherine and Trenna (who moved in in March and July respectively), and a going away party for Trenna who flies back to Canada in November. It was a funky little shindig, and to help feed the masses i baked these cute little chocolate bites. In the end i made about 50-60 and there were only about 12 left the next morning, so i guess they were ok!
Mini Chocolate Cupcakes
makes about 50 mini cupcakes
1 1/3 cups plain flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup dutch-process cocoa
45g butter, softened
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C (350 F). Line muffin tins with cases.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
4. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk and beat well.
5. Fill the muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Leave to cool in tins for at least 10 minutes, then pour over Chocolate Ganache when cupcakes are completely cool.
200g dark chocolate
1. Bring cream to boil in a medium saucepan.
2. Pour over chopped chocolate, stir until smooth and glossy
3. Leave at room temperature until of a good pouring consistency.