Maple, Pecan and Apple Cupcakes with Maple Frosting
I made these yesterday afternoon. Even though they turned out kinda deformed, they are still delicious and once I covered them with frosting they looked fine. They were good fuel for our household Monopoly marathon.
Maple, Pecan and Apple Cupcakes
makes about 30 mini cupcakes
60g butter, softened
1 cup self raising flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup maple-flavoured syrup
2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1/2 cup coarsely grated apple
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (360 F).
2. Beat butter, flour, cinnamon, sugar, syrup and eggs with electric mixer on low speed until ingredients are combined. Increase speed to medium, beat until mixture changes to a paler colour.
3. Stir in pecans and apple. Fill cupcake cases 2/3 full with batter.
4. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden. Cool on wire racks, then spread with maple frosting.
90g butter, softened
1 cup icing sugar
2-3 teaspoons maple-flavoured syrup
1. Beat butter, sifted icing sugar and maple syrup until light and fluffy.