Cupcake Frenzy

recipes : knitting : zines : music : art : kitties : revolution

Cupcake Frenzy

recipes : knitting : zines : music : art : kitties : revolution

Monday, June 05, 2006

Vanilla Passionfruit Drops

The first actual recipe I post here and it's for a biscuit not a cupcake. Blasphemy! Nevertheless, these are scrumptious little treats. The first time I made them was a couple of weeks ago, and they were all gone in a couple of days.
I think when I make them again I will up the level of passionfruit pulp and reduce the amount of vanilla extract. I find with the recipe as it is at the moment the vanilla icing overpowers the passionfruit flavour a little.

Enjoy!

Passionfruit Drops
makes about 50

150g (5oz) butter, cubed and softened
1/2 cup (125g/4oz) caster sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup (90g/3oz) fresh passionfruit pulp
1 3/4 cups (215g/7oz) self-raising flour
2 tablespoons plain (all purpose) flour

1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C. (350 F.) and line 2 trays with baking paper.
2. Beat the butter and sugar til creamy. Add egg, beat well. Add the passionfruit and beat to combine. Fold in the combined, sifted flours. Mix well.
3. Drop 2 teaspoons of the mixture for each biscuit onto the baking paper-lined trays. Be sure to leave enough room for spreading. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden. Leave in the oven for at least 5 minutes, then cool.

Vanilla Icing

2 cups (250g/8oz) icing sugar
1-2 teaspoons vanilla essence
35g (1 1/4 oz) butter, softened

1. Sift the sugar into a bowl. Make a well in the centre, add the vanilla, butter and 2-3 tablespoons of hot water and stir until smooth. Spread on the biscuits and allow to set.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just found your blog on a search for cupcake paper liners. I am looking for animal print paper cups and have come up empty! I had to comment on your blog, though-I have ahd am amzing amount of uncanny coincidences happening. I am trying to immigrate to the Melbourne area, so your Aussie blog totally caught my interest. Also, I am a knitter/spinner; so, the pic of knitting grabbed my attention right away. Im sure it will be cool to get a hit on your blog from the other side of the planet-all from a search for cupcake supplies!

"herbi"
USA
you can find me sometimes at www.worldcrossing.com I post sometimes at the Maximum Fun with Werds forum among others

10:28 am  
Blogger :: amy :: said...

hi herbi!

yeah it is pretty cool knowing that someone so far away has seen my blog! Although it's kinda embarrassing that there's not much content here yet! Good luck with your animal print search :)

12:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home