Cupcake Frenzy

recipes : knitting : zines : music : art : kitties : revolution

Cupcake Frenzy

recipes : knitting : zines : music : art : kitties : revolution

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My 2nd finished knitting project ever


I need a excuse to post this beautiful photo Katherine took of my scarf-in-progress recently. It's quite long and stripy (if you couldn't tell from the stripy scarf pictured). The yarn is 35% mohair, 40% wool and 25% acrylic blend. so it ain't exactly fancy pants but that isn't the point :). It's the second knitted item I have finished since learning to knit back in March. The first thing I completed was another scarf I made for Leigh a few months ago, and I feel kinda guilty because this latest which I made for myself is nicer than the one i made Leigh. Maybe I should knit him a life-size statue of George Lucas...

Also, if you look in the background of the photo, you'll see the skull-and-crossbones tea cosy I raved about in The Tea Cosy of Death. How much does it rock?!

3 Comments:

Blogger Carlo Sands said...

It looks pretty cool to me. Are you sure Leigh *deserves* a scarf nicer than this one? (I'm not convinced.)

40% wool? It will be worth a billion bucks when global warming kills all the sheep. (Of course, they don't tell you that do they, in the media? No.)

11:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

technically, its your third finished knitting project - remember the blanket you made for snitch's bed?
or was that just practice?

6:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

4:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home